Fayetteville is in southern WV just north of Beckley. Trailheads for hiking exist at the Fayetteville City Park (Google directions below), along the Gatewood and Kaymoor roads (Long Point and Kaymoor Trailheads), and on the north side of the bridge along Lansing rd (first right after the visitor center).
Bicycling, Camping, Fishing, Hiking, Mountain Biking, Sight Seeing, Whitewater (New River)
- National Park Service -- New River Gorge National Scenic River
- NPS- Hiking the New River Gorge
- Fayetteville Area Trail Descriptions
- "New River Gorge Trail Guide"
- "Hiking and Biking in the New River Gorge- A Trail User's Guide"
- "Best Easy Day Hikes: New River Gorge"
- "The Mid-Atlantic Hiker's Guide: West Virginia
- "Out There West Virginia, A Guide to Backcountry Travel and Adventure"
- "West Virginia Hiking Trails, Hiking the Mountain State"
- "Hiking West Virginia"
- "50 Hikes in West Virginia"