Glade Creek area has four trails with a total of sixteen miles of hiking. The Glade Creek Trail follows the creek down to the New River and has waterfalls, swimming holes, and fly fishing access. The trail terminates at the Glade Creek Campground. The other trails in this area stay on the plateau above the river and give access to an old homestead as well as forested areas. Use the web links below for more detailed trail descriptions.
The Glade Creek area is located in southern WV, near Beckley, WV. Access to the hiking is from Interstate 64 (Google directions below).
- Mountain Biking
- Sight Seeing
- Whitewater (New River)
- National Park Service -- New River Gorge National Scenic River
- NPS- Hiking the New River Gorge
- Glade Creek Area Trail Descriptions
- "New River Gorge Trail Guide"
- "Hiking and Biking in the New River Gorge- A Trail User's Guide"
- "Best Easy Day Hikes: New River Gorge"
- "The Mid-Atlantic Hiker's Guide: West Virginia
- "Out There West Virginia, A Guide to Backcountry Travel and Adventure"
- "West Virginia Hiking Trails, Hiking the Mountain State"
- "Hiking West Virginia"
- "50 Hikes in West Virginia"